Tea Tree oil is produced by steam distillation of the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree, which only grows in Australia, native to the New South Wales region. Various dilutions of Tea tree oil have been found beneficial in the treatment of abrasions, minor cuts, arthritis, asthma, athlete’s foot, bladder infections, bronchial congestion, minor burns, dandruff, earaches, acne, eczema, head colds, lice, warts, hives, shingles and more.
Aroma: Spicy, fresh, sharp and camphor like
Properties: Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, expectorant
BENEFITS FOR MASSAGE & SKINCARE
1. Has proven effective in treating skin infection.
2. Can help clear blemishes, cold sores and lesions.
3. Treats fungus on the nails and skin.
4. Aids the treatment of acne.
5. Helps heal burns, cuts and insect bites.
1. Tee tree is one the most extensively researched essential oils.
2. Helps bring up mucus and other material from the lungs.
3. Immune-stimulant. It helps to build powerful resistance to infection.
4. Beneficial for colds and flu.
5. Helpful with yeast infection (candida albicans)
6. Works as an antiseptic for external and internal wounds
7. Has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
Recipe for Room Disinfectant
3 cups of water
½ cup Vinegar
7 drops Tea Tree
7 drops Eucalyptus
7 drops Lemon
7 drops Lavender
Put in spray bottle and wipe down counters, tables and floors with damp towel