Peppermint is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs in history. Its uses in the culinary arts and herbal medicine date back to Ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. Peppermint oil has many recorded benefits as an herbal remedy, but it can be applied topically (often diluted) as well. It may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water.
Aroma: Fresh, crisp, penetrating, clean and sweet
Properties: Anti-septic, expectorant, cooling, stimulating, revitalizing
BENEFITS FOR MASSAGE & SKINCARE:
1. Stimulating and rejuvenating to mind & body.
2. Useful for muscle pain-sciatic & Rheumatism.
3. Helps relieve hot flashes during menopause.
4. Cools down sunburn when combined with lavender in a compress.
5. Beneficial for calming bee stings.
1. Relieves mental fatigue, lethargy and depression.
2. To enhance concentration blend with pink grapefruit, lemon & lime.
3. Invigorates and inspires.
4. Calms the mind.
1. Clears respiratory problems, especially when combined with eucalyptus in your diffuser.
2. Relieves digestive problems, especially when taken as a tea.
3. One drop may be used on a slice of apple to relieve nasal congestion.
4. Useful for headaches (blend with Lavender), migraines and nerve pain.
5. Increases blood flow.
Recipe for Muscle Pain Recipe for Respiratory Infection
4 oz. Coconut oil 1½ cup Coconut oil
4 drops Peppermint 4 drops Peppermint
5 drops Eucalyptus 5 drops Chamomile
4 drops Rosemary 4 drops Rosemary
4 drops Lavender
4 drops Eucalyptus